1917 Shenandoah Division employee timetable

Fri Dec 30 02:24:04 EST 2005

December 30, 2005

Hello, all:

As a belated holiday gift, I've posted pages from
Shenandoah Division employee timetable #2, June 10,
1917 at
http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org/timetabl/
The pages are files 061017_A through _O. _F is not
there; it was an accidental copy of page _G, which are
Roanoke Terminal train schedules.

If you paste the link in your browser, you may click
on individual files to view them. Once viewed, you
may save them to your computer. There are also other
Shenandoah Valley Railroad passenger timetables in the
same directory. Reposting or forwarding this email to
others interested in these timetables is welcomed.

If you can handle an email with 7.5 mb of attachments,
I can also send you an email with the 1917 employee
timetable pages as .jpg files. Please request it by
January 12, 2006, off-line with a message to me at
f_scheer at yahoo.com The last four pages are enlarged
copies of station hours, telegraph calls, train order
offices, etc.

I am always seeking information about the N&W
Hagerstown District, particularly activity or
facilities at Boyce. If you ever see photos or
materiel pertaining to the station or SV/N&W
operations, please let me know.

Happy new year, all!

Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator
Railway Mail Service Library, Inc.
f_scheer at yahoo.com
(202) 268-2121 - weekday office
(540) 837-9090 - weekend afternoons
in the former N&W station on VA rte 723
117 East Main Street
Boyce VA 22620-9639

Visit at http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org

P.S. I have a DVD about RPOs available at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6591517611 and a VHS cassette with 21-cents Railroad Mail Car first day cover is described here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6592047073