speed and cutoff

Mon Dec 19 13:07:46 EST 2005

Group,Another question may be someone will know or maybe not?The class A developed max HP at 40mph, right? With a full tonage train at that speed what would be the average % of cutoff on the reverser?The Y6b is at 25mph? % of cutoff?S1a at 15mph? %?The class J running a heavy train at say 70mph. what would the % of cutoff used?I am working on determining the pounds per second of steam being exhausted by these engines. I was looking at the use of other types of front end arrangements (Lempor Exhaust) on these engines. These are the last variables I need to know.Thanks,John RhodesVirginiaPS. Louis Newton, Bud Jeffries, Ed King, or others, do you know?