Roanoke

Sun Nov 27 11:11:33 EST 2005

Tony

I think the terminal map you are thinking of was in the Roanoke
Chapter's Gift Shop, which was closed at the end of February. The
Transportation Museum seemed to be headed in a different direction, and
apparently little interest in rail, hence the new gift shop with a very
different focus.

The map you are thinking of is a composite of about 16, 18x24 drawings,
reduced and assembled to make one large terminal print. It is from
1932, if i recall correctly and one of several series that was for
industrial development by the N&W, Portsmouth, Columbus and
Winston-Salem were the others. I think we still have some of the large
prints of the map, if you want to contact me off list.

Ken Miller
k l m 6 1 1@ h o t m a i l . com
(with no spaces!)