Empty weight of tender

Wed Nov 23 08:26:02 EST 2005

I have a new light weight for the 22K tenders. The new weights are listed after they were modified to a flat top cistern and a larger coal bunker, and this applies to all 22K N&W [not those purchased from other roads] tenders in late steam. The new light weight was 135,200 pounds.

Bud Jeffries
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:11 PM
Subject: Re: Empty weight of tender

I sent this reply before but I misstated the loaded weight of the 22K tenders.

There is an N&W document giving scrap values for tenders. ALL N&W 22,000 gal. tenders were listed for "Light weight -new" as 127,600 pounds in this document.

Tender weights did vary a little but each carried about 250,000 pounds of coal and water when full. The listed weights for all N&W 22,000 gal. tenders was 378,600 pounds regardless of locomotive class assigned.

Hope this helps.

Bud Jeffries
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:23 PM
Subject: Empty weight of tender

List,

What is the empty weight of a Class J's 22,000 gal. tender?

Thanks in advance,
John Rhodes
Virginia

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com