NE-6 Caboose

Fri Nov 18 21:51:10 EST 2005

Bob,
After doing more digging in the the Bowers and Brewer "Cabooses of the Norfolk and Western" the N&W inherited the NE-6 caboose from the Nickel Plate Road when it "merged" with the N&W. From what I can glean from the book the NKP cabooses became N&W classes C-8, C-9 or C-9P. The NKP also have some "close"to NE-6 cabooses from the Wheeling and Lake Erie railroad when NKP absorbed it. The NKP merger occured in 1964 which, I believe, is well after the steam era of the N&W.
Hope this helps,
Dave Moorehead
Milford, Ohio