Big Sandy & Cumberland RR

Tue Nov 1 18:30:03 EST 2005

MessageThe Richard Prince book mentions that the BS&C was owned by the W. M. Ritter Lumber Company. Although all of the photos I have seen of BS&C engines have them lettered for the railroad, I was wondering what the possibility was of some of them being lettered for W. M. Ritter, like some of the recent Bachmann Spectrum Shays and Climaxes?
Marty Flick

Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 8:42 PM
Subject: RE: Big Sandy & Cumberland RR

There is also a short history of the BS&C and some good photos in American Narrow Gauge Railroads by George W. Hilton.

Paul Mandelkern
Winter Park, FL