Unique WV Rail History - WV's 40&8 car

Thu Sep 22 08:58:51 EDT 2005

According to the article in Goldenseal. The merci car moved to several
locations in the Kanawha Valley until all that remained was the shell. On
June 6, 1996 volunteers with the help of the Dept. of Highways dragged it
off Union Carbide property and onto a flatbed truck to Welch.

This car at one time sit on what is today WV's capitol grounds, Daniel Boone
Park, St. Albans and South Charleston. Don Mills
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: Unique WV Rail History - WV's 40&8 car