Coal Mining & Railroading--- having a little creative fun with a labor of love.

Wed Sep 14 09:18:23 EDT 2005

Thanks, I have heard of this book but never got around to it. Don
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: Coal Mining & Railroading--- having a little creative fun with a labor of love.

Don,

I'll let others with more technical expertise answer your questions.

But, I recommend to you a book entitled THE BLUE MAN (a Novel of Menace and Suspense) , by Thomas Atkins, Doubleday, 1978. The story is about a mountain man, with an extremely accurate Confederate rifle, who has "blue skin". He is plotting the assassination of Eisenhower, as Ike travels the country on his Campaign Train in 1952. The shooting is to take place during Ike's 15 minute stop in Roanoke.

Great historic fiction!

Jeff Sanders