Farmville Line Update: 8/2

Sat Aug 6 22:33:55 EDT 2005

Jeff - Thanks. Let me know a few minutes ahead. We are a 99% (shooting for 100%!) volunteer department so normally there is nobody actually at the station. Eventually I want to put the O and HO scale fire equipment on flat cars on track to tie the fire trucks to railroading but, so far, all of the ladder, rescue, brush and pumper vehicles are just displayed in our "trophy" case. Call me at 757-357-6685 when you are in the area. - Albert

Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: Farmville Line Update: 8/2

Albert -

Delivering apparatus is one of the many hats that I wear at the dealership. I would love to stop by one weekend and photograph your fleet of equipment.

Jeff H.
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:34 PM

Jeff Hawkins - I am with Carrollton Volunteer Fire Dept., Carrollton, VA. How does one get the job of "delivering" fire engines? - Albert Burckard, PS: I have put up a display of O and HO scale fire equipment at our station if you are ever in the area. Our two latest engines, a 1997 Quint and a 2005 Rescue Quad, were built by E-One. Sorry.