The 611 will run agan

Thu Jul 28 05:27:28 EDT 2005

Thanks Marty,

If there is will for restauration, the means will appear too.

The 1021 Finnish Pacific was restored to better than its original condition by volunteer forces. The most difficult thing was to pass the local qualifying requirements to be a licensed steam driver. To be a captain of a crusisig ship is peanuts compared to this.

For the right of track in our hefty capital suburbian traffic we only had to prove that she can do 130 kms/h instead of the loco design speed of 110 kms/h.

Still, we would need five 1021's to outpull a single 611, were it restored properly.

And of course, as you said, the owner of the tracks needs to love steam.

Markku