Caboose Marker Lamps

Wed Jul 20 20:27:57 EDT 2005

>At 10:59 PM 7/18/2005, you wrote:

>Dave: The N&W used Armspear caboose markers, which are rarely seen as

>detail parts- Adlakes are the common shape that are produced. In later

>years basically 1935-ish and later, the caboose markers were red to the

>rear, and yellow to the side and pointing ahead.

>G Rolih Cincinnati

I'm a different Dave, but now that you've responded...
Could you please describe the differences between the Armspear and the
Adlake? How much difference is noticeable in HO? I was planning on using
a pair of the lighted markers (with DCC decoder to control whether they're
on or off to save having to change a battery in the wooden cab
model). These things seem so generic in shape as to not really represent
any specific model. If however, there are discernable differences in a
scale model that I could create... FYI, I model the 30's and 40's era.

Thanks,

Dave Bott