Thomas vs the 475

Thu Jul 7 11:12:13 EDT 2005

Let's take a minute to recap the comments about Thomas, 475, and Strasburg
in 2006.

Strasburg seems to prefer NWHS NOT be there during the Thomas event, nor
during the
week before and the week after.
The NMRA Convention in Philly will likely cause hotels to be full, even
one hour from the
city, and booked at higher $$$ than usual.
Parking at Strasburg and the RR Museum of PA will be jammed during the
Thomas event.
Some NWHS members would like to participate in the NMRA convention, also.

So - - how's chances of scheduling NWHS in early June, before Thomas and
before Philly's oppressive summer heat takes hold ? And maybe Strasburg could
arrange a 'private' Thomas appearance for NWHS on Friday ?

I sympathize with those who are asking for concurrent NWHS and Thomas - but
it really seems Strasburg does not want us during that week. And I'll
repeat; I'm not anti - Thomas;
my 3 1/2 year old grandson has a Thomas collection second to none (which we
provided), and knows each piece by name, too. Let's take a step back and
find a better answer.

Jerry Crosson