2006 convention

Thu Jun 30 01:25:54 EDT 2005

At the Convention your Board confirmed plans to hold
the 2006 N&WHS Convention at Strasburg, PA, most
likely right after the July 4th holiday. Selecting an
off-line site was discussed a number of times over the
last few months. There are pluses and minuses, but the
Board believes the time is right to take advantage of
the opportunity to see engine #475,
the last operating N&W steamer, in action.

The details will follow in due course.

Bill McClure

GREAT NEWS ! Strasburg is close enough for this 74
year old fearful driver to attend !

Have a happy day.

Neil K. Yerger
7 Farm Road
Wayne, PA 19087-3303

audreyly at aol.com

June 30, 2005

Good morning, all:

I'm pleased that the 2005 convention has been a
success. Looking ahead to 2006, it's not too early to
remind all that whether one cruises I-81 --or chases
along US 340-- that Boyce is a stop one can include in
their itinerary either coming or going.

And, Neil, if there's a consolation, the further you
head west and south from Wayne, the countryside
becomes prettier, the roads somewhat less congested,
and the railroad more like... well, the old N&W.

Country roads, take you home, to the place, you
belong... East Virginia!

Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator
Railway Mail Service Library, Inc.
f_scheer at yahoo.com