Lady Bird Special

Sun Jun 19 05:01:07 EDT 2005

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:33:07 EDT

Probably the only other N&W consist I have is from
"The Lady Bird Special" which operated Petersburg -
Norfolk - Suffolk - ACL in October, 1962.  It isn't
handy, but I'll try to retrieve it.

Harry Bundy

June 19, 2005

Hello, Harry:

I believe the Lady Bird Special was in October 1964,
not 1962.  I was in the George Washington High School
marching band that shivered at 7 AM or so, waiting to
play on the grassy hill at Alexandria station.  She
was on the campaign trail on behalf of LBJ.  I never
was sure what route the train took after departing
Alexandria, so I suppose it went via RF&P-ACL to
Petersburg.  I wonder if it pulled into Broad Street
Station at Richmond, or just went directly south at
AY?

Whenever you find it, the consist will be interesting
to look at!

Good morning,

Frank

Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator