Route to Convention 2005

Fri Jun 17 07:22:41 EDT 2005

I'm heading to Williamson from Northern Virginia.
Will go the usual  I66, I81, I64 to at least Beckley.
I noticed there seems to be a more direct route from
there to Williamson taking Rt.16 through Mullens,
Rt.10 to Pineville and Rt.97 to Hanover.  At that
point US 52 is familiar.  Is this a reasonable
alternative, rather than to going to Charleston and
taking US 119 back to Williamson, or one of those
shortcuts to be avoided?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Dave Stephenson