O. Winston Link N&W Y 2190 at Gilbert, WV

Mon Jun 13 22:35:23 EDT 2005

This is the caption used for the photo at the Matewan Depot Museum

Time Draws Nigh on simmering Y6b 2-8-8-2 #2190, caught in an O. Winston
Link classic on March 16, 1960.  In less than two months, it boiler
would be as cold as the icicles clinging to the cliffs at the Ben Creek
No. 1 operation of the Massey Coal Mining Co.  Originally the Gay
Mining Co. at Timbar, it is fitting that this picture was taken at
Massey Energy's "mother" property in the Tug Valley coalfields.

Ken Miller