Cannonball joint equipment

Sun May 8 00:49:58 EDT 2005

From: JERSYSTMRR at aol.com  View Contact Details
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 21:25:13 EDT
Subject: Re: cannonball
To: Skylinerva at aol.com, Joelhof at cs.com,
f_scheer at yahoo.com

Just my input-guess.  Given this was a pool service
train, wouldn't N&W just keep the PRR-RF&P- pool cars
painted in tuscan until the termination of that
particular service??  The RF&P repainted 1 of their
three 10-6 cars, but not until L1960s -1970, when it
was reassigned to Florida service.  Maybe because I
pay attention to the SCL-SOU trains I (me personally)
never remember seeing any blue N&W cars.  The pictures
I saw were all red.  So when I saw the
stainless and blue N&W coach model I just had to find
out whether it was a legitimate paint scheme !  Maybe
there was a chance that N&W blue cars never operated
over the RF&P ???

C Harrison

May 8, 2005

Hello, all:

I never saw any N&W equipment operate through
Alexandria.  I always thought the through sleeper
operation was gone by the mid-1960s and that it was
coaches only that departed Broad Street station for
Norfolk.  If anyone has other information, please
include <JERSYSTMRR at aol.com>, <Skylinerva at aol.com>,
and <Joelhof at cs.com> in the cc: address line.

Good morning,

Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator