Bluefield Station

Thu Apr 28 23:49:21 EDT 2005

As I recall, the cut stone was probably sandstone, and the color was a
light gray with a brownish cast (of should I say light tan?). I don't
remember the walkways as being brick. By 1946, when I first saw the
station, I think the walkways were all concrete. The station platforms
were asphalt. As for the trim color, the color I remember from the late
40's was brown. The paneling on the gables was probably a light cream,
but I am not sure if it was different in the 30's. Brown and cream were
publicised in 1947 as the "new" station colors. So what were the old
colors? I am pretty sure that brown trim was used both before and after
1947. I am not sure what the cream replaced - probably light tan. Later
on, the brown trim was repainted white, but this was long after the
period you want to model.       Jim Nichols