The Cannonball

Mon Apr 25 20:10:00 EDT 2005

The two PRR vessels were named Virginia Lee and Elisha Lee.  Elisha Lee was
reduced to a fishing barge then scrapped, but Virginia Lee  was rebuilt into
a car ferry and finished its time as CBFC Accomac between Little Creek and
Kiptopeake.  The original ship's bell remained with Virginia Lee embossed.
After the completion of the bridge tunnel, Accomac was stored in Norfolk
when she caught fire and burned to the waterline.  Would have loved to have
the bell.
                        Don Corbin
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: The Cannonball