Who Pulled the Strings on the Classification of Tidewater Coal?

Tue Mar 29 07:25:03 EST 2005

Harry,
    Yep, it was like dispatchers' dodgeball.  Same is true with getting the empties back.  Woe be unto the one that stuck a flexivan or UPS train!  That diamond required constant welding, at least twice a week.  It was $80,000+ per diamond every time it was changed out, too.  Even busier now, at least on the east-west mains.  Still, I am fascinated with a 1000 Foot laker pivoting in the turning bay.  Always wanted to take that 3-day roundtrip to Hamilton, Ontario but never got to.  Vessel Henry Griffith made that trip a lot...I wonder if it still does?  Even if you got permission from the ships' owners, it was still up to the captain.     Don