VGN renumberings

Sun Mar 27 13:11:01 EST 2005

Where were trains 71 and 72 located?  Before the merger with the  Virginian
Railway, N&W trains 71 and 72 were local freight between Lynchburg  and Durham.
After the merger, the Durham District trains were renumbered 47  and 48 so
not to be confused with the VGN 71 and 72.  I'm still on the  steep part of the
learning curve when it comes to Virginian Railway  history.

Chuck Stewart
Bahama, NC

In a message dated 3/27/05 8:52:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,