Coal via Potomac Yard

Tue Mar 22 22:16:25 EST 2005

Another possible destination for coal from Potomac yard was the Federal
steam plant at the DC end of the Potomac River Bridge.  It was located near
the Dept of Agriculture Building.  I don't know when they discontinued using
coal, or where they bought the coal, but I remember seeing hoppers there.

There was another steam plant in Georgetown served by the B&O branch line.
I suspect that there may have been other steam plants that used coal at some
point.

Ed Sproles