Roanoke Passenger Station/A Thought

Sun Mar 13 20:36:59 EST 2005

        This week I was talking to a friend and mentioned to him my desire
to model the Roanoke Passenger Station. He asked what era and I said the
'50s, to which he replied that at that time it looked too much like a coal
mine. I didn't give that much thought until today when I got to thinking
about it and saw where he could come to that conclusion.
        What do you think? Did the Roanoke Station in the fifties remind
you of a coal mine? If so, do you think Lowey intended it that way given
the N&W's service to the coal industry?

Jimmy Lisle