First Use of "Telegraph Block System" on N&W ?

Mon Feb 21 20:02:50 EST 2005

Abram,

My Radford Division TT No. 6, eff. Sunday, January 12th, 1890, has several rules sections, one of which is titled: Rules for the Movement of Trains by Telegraphic Orders.  This is the closest that I see to what you specified.

Gordon Hamilton
  Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 8:15 PM
  Subject: First Use of "Telegraph Block System" on N&W ?

  A question for anyone who owns a copy of the 1898 Rule Book or earlier editions...

  Would you please check them and see when a section of rules called "Rules Governing the Operation of Telegraph Block" first appeared in the Rule Book?

  They are in the 1905 Rule Book.  I'd think that they first made their appearance in the 1880s.

  Thanks.

  -- abram burnett