RRmus_VA

Sun Feb 13 03:52:48 EST 2005

"I'm unfamiliar with the Railroad Museum of Virginia.
Does anyone know where that is?  Is it what is planned
for the lower level of Richmond's Broad Street
station?" - Dr. Frank Scheer

Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 8:41 AM
Subject: Railroad Museum of Virginia

I hadn't heard of this either.  A quick search on the
web turned up a couple of articles from the Virginian
Pilot on June 23, 2003 and August 25, 2005.  The
museum will be located in Portsmouth and is in the
planning stages, with some equipment already procured
(two mail cars, a caboose and a diner). It is being
led by a nonprofit group led by Willard J. Moody Sr.,
a lawyer and former Democratic state senator.

Ken Moss, Charlottesville, VA

This Moody has to be the infamous Portsmouth, VA,
lawyer who specialized in cases bringing suit against
the N & W and NS in Portsmouth where the juries were
notorious for ruling in favor of the plaintiff.  If
so, he should be wealthly enough to bankroll a museum
himself.  Anybody know if he is the one?

Gordon