Coal train on the old Virginian between "JK" and "Broadway"

Fri Feb 4 22:17:45 EST 2005

Gentlemen,

Sometimes they are simply waiting for a route to come open.  In other words, there are too many trains being moved east/west/north through the bottleneck.  At Commerce St.(2nd St.) you are down to three tracks, over which everything entering or leaving Roanoke to/from the east, north, & south has to travel.  Also there are only two tracks at 24th St. over which to move through trains (that don't have to be yarded for switching).  With the volume of traffic through Roanoke, quite often someone is waiting to move.

Jeff Sanders
  Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 8:54 PM
  Subject: Re: Coal train on the old Virginian between "JK" and "Broadway"