J 611 Tender Trucks

Tue Jan 25 16:59:34 EST 2005

>I stand by my statement on the tender trucks.  I don't know the
>classification numbers for different
Commonwealth tender trucks, but the last group of J's and A's had a
different design sideframe.  The tender decks on 611-13 were different as
well:  They were flat on the top like the A and Y class locomotives.  So my
theory is that 611's tender was the one it always had.  It was like only
two other tenders (612, 613).

None of the HO brass imports ever bothered with the distinction between the
tender trucks, except the Jawn Henry was modelled correctly.  A former
hobby shop in Roanoke announced that they were going to try to import
tenders trucks as made for Jawn so we could correctly model a late A or J.
But that never materialized.

Rick Morrison