Stations

Tue Jan 18 15:01:27 EST 2005

Jim,

Good listing.

There were also surveyor's "stations" which were carefully sited locations
on a railroad such as a bridge, siding, structure, etc.

These were used during (among other times) the valuations of the railways in
the US. They are very useful in accurately determining the length of a
bridge, station platform, etc. and its distance from another fixed location
such as a milepost, state line, curve marker, etc.

Regards,

Dave Lambert