White Insulators

Wed Dec 15 22:55:48 EST 2004

Jim,

After a recent post on this subject I have been looking out for the white
insulators. On the Pumpkin Vine near Starkey, VA they are located on the
lowest arm, nearest the track. At one time they may have existed on all
poles, but now most --but not every-- pole has two white insulators. When
they are not white they are usually clear.

The other insulators on the pole are a mixture of clear and green.

I have not spotted any white insulators on the Main Line through Vinton,
VA. Just a mixture of clear and green. Did this line ever have white
insulators? Or were they only specific to certain divisions?

Ron Davis