Lenning Va

Sun Dec 5 23:20:01 EST 2004

Gary

The old L&D/N&W station at Lennig originally was on the other side of the
road just north of the present location.  Not sure when it was moved but
would guess in the 1970's.  It was located on a narrow strip of land
between the road and the track. The old station just south of Lennig,
Crystal Hill was destroyed by fire many years before. As a youngster I made
several trips on the passenger train to both stations and also at a point
in between. The stop was not in the timetable but back of my aunts family
farm just before the road crossing.

Jim Blackstock