Train Sim pokey route

Wed Nov 17 14:17:28 EST 2004

John,
May I direct your attention to.......train-sim.com. The East River route is
there, along with other N&W goodies (the RS-11's are great as are the
C-628's and C-630's). While there's not a lot of N&W "equipment" available,
there is a fair amount of NS...if you so desire. Also, there's a lot of
buildings, bridges, etc. available as well. The downloads are available to
anyone but you may encounter busy periods when the bandwidth is used up and
you can't get in. Most serious train simmers opt for the "first class"
membership (I believe it's $30/year) to get around this little problem. If
you on the forums, look for al1218.

Also, there are N&W GP-9's available as payware (you get 9 different
versions from Redbirds to the stark NW for, I think, $15) from
www.3dtrains.com. Another site that has GP30's available (in N&W as well as
Sou Ry) as payware is www.mstsgmo.com.

Supposedly there is a company working on "the Western Extension" from, I
assume, Bluefield to Kenova and based in the 1920-1940's period. The info on
their site is vague but they use an N&W electric photo. That site is
www.digital-rails.com.

While I haven't tried making a route in MSTS...good luck, since the basic
platform is quirkey at best. Have you gone on the forum section at
train-sim.com? The community there is generally very helpful and can
probably give some good pointers and/or advice.

I have Trainz too but I'm less than impressed with it.

Good Luck,
Al Evans