Partners desks at stations

Tue Nov 16 03:50:52 EST 2004

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 04:50:12 EST
Subject:  Re: Partners desks at stations

There is one still in use at the Call Office at
Shaffers Crossing.

Jimmy Lisle

November 16, 2004

Thanks for letting me know, Jimmy.  Does it have
turned legs or are they straight, tapered legs?  This
seems to be the most visible means of dating their
construction period.

These desks are a little high for typewriter usage.
Did N&W have a separate company-made typewriter table,
or did they use commercially-available typewriter
stands?  I see adding machines on some of the desks,
but haven't seen as many photos where a "mill" is in
use that is close enough to see the details of what it
is on.

Best wishes,

=====
Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator