Central RR of Virginia Passenger car

Sun Oct 24 20:24:55 EDT 2004

Gentlemen:  I have not been able to open any of the attachments that are
attached to this car.  However, This was the name applied to a open end
observation car that was sold by a Doug Brown from Michigan to a Newspaper
owner somewhere in Virginia ( I think).  Anyway, That car was originally
(and correctly ) lettered as the Central Railroad of New Jersey and named
the Jersey Dawn.  It was a wood sided, steel framed car built in the late
1890's - early 1900's. and served as the business car for the CNJ.  Mr Brown
had operated a number of charter trips  with this car.  I had the privilege
of riding the car between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and return via
Washington, DC and along the Hudson River from NYC to Albany and return.  It
was a great car...to ride and to see.  Mr Brown did a fabulous job in
restoring it to its as built splendor.

Kermit Geary, Jr
SRS 823