"New" Christiansburg station

Sat Oct 16 08:42:15 EDT 2004

Frank,
To continue on Ray's thought, I stopped by yesterday and peeped in the windows. I didn't see anything of historical signifigance. No benches, light fixtures or things like that. Looks like the east end is being used for a class room. (folding tables and chairs). The west end waiting area is somewhat partitioned off. I could not see the ticket window/ agents area real well so I don't know know what's there. The freight area is used as a shop.
I spent a lot of Sunday afternoons there when Dad would 'accidentally' end up there about the time of a passenger train. Eating ice cream cones in a '53 Ford..........watching (and listening to) J's.
Charlie Long
Lynchburg, VA