Upton Boyce and other Clarke County local history

Fri Oct 15 06:39:41 EDT 2004

Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 19:03:56 EDT
Subject:  Re: It's not too early to circle your
calendar: Saturday, November 13 train ...

And where, Ye Good(e) Boyce-ites, are the relics of
your namesake, Upton Boyce?

Do his mortal remains rest in your town?

A mental note tells me he was buried in Milnes
(Shenandoah,) but sometimes my mental notes are
written by a faltering and shaky hand !

-- abram burnett

October 15, 2004

Good morning, Abram:

You ask a good question and one that I do not have an
answer.  There is much local history that I do not
know, but am interested to learn.  For example, more
than $14,000 was donated locally for the construction
of the 1913 station.  Yet, the individual amounts
given and by whom is not known.  Much of it presumably
came from the owners of several large estates to the
East: Kentmere, Saratoga, and Scaleby.

I'd welcome your email address off-line, Abram, to
discuss this with you.  Since this topic probably
isn't of interest to most N&W readers, I'd certainly
like to pursue it with you.

Best wishes,

=====
Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator