[PRR-FAX] Digest Number 1844]

Mon Oct 11 10:14:13 EDT 2004

Is that 4-6-2 #587.. or 578? I knew 578 was at the ORM, but did not know
there was a 587 or where it was located. Locomotive #578 was indeed a 4-6-2
and was operated in the 70's. It was active on the N&W until, I believe,
1959, at which time it was donated to the ORM by the N&W....

Bob Welsh

Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 11:46 PM
Subject: [Fwd: [PRR-FAX] Digest Number 1844]

> I just got this today.
>
> We ought to assist in finding these precious objects a new home.
>
> Stoney

Ohio
> recently completed a new strategic plan for the museum. This plan included
the
> adoption of a mission focusing on the Museum's noted collection of
traction
> equipment. The plan included the evaluation and de-accessioning of part of
the
> collection. As a result, the following items are available to other
organizations.

> Railroad Equipment
> Norfolk and Western 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive, #587, Alco, Richmond, 1910.
> Complete, fair condition. Last operated 1978
>
> Erie (NYS&W) Gas-Electric, #5012,  EMC. Complete, poor condition. Last
operated
> 1980's
>
> ****Pennsylvania RR Pullman Compartment Car, Times Square (Broadway
Limited)

ORMCollections at aol.com
> Please do not call the museum. Staff are not available to assist you.
> (ORM announcement)
>
> Forwarded by Alexander D. Mitchell IV
>
> [personal comments:  I think the Erie doodlebug would be an ideal addition
> the RR Museum of Pa., representing both Erie passenger service and a more
modern
> doodlebug.  The business car I have a little trouble with.  Our honorable
friend
> and comrade Mr. Levin needs it like he needs another hole in his head;
ditto the
> RRer's Memorial Museum or the RR Museum of Pa.  Central Pa. NRHS in White
Deer,