Visit to the O. Winston Link Museum

Fri Sep 10 08:52:38 EDT 2004

Link had nothing to do with the restoration of 1218 from a display
piece to operational status. That was Bob Claytor's dream, and executed
by the Steam Shop crew in Birmingham, Alabama removed from Musuem on
May 10, 1985, completed in Spring, 1987.  Sadly the 1218 was only to
run through the end of 1991 before being placed back in the shop for
major work. It was not a top priority project and was worked only on
occasion. Three days after Graham Claytor died in 1994, orders from Bob
Lovelace of NS in Norfolk stopped all work on 1218.

Ken Miller