Visit to the O. Winston Link Museum

Thu Sep 9 06:39:23 EDT 2004

I had no idea Mr. Link had a hand in the restoration of 1218 from - I
believe - a stationary boiler back to operational condition. I wonder then
if it made him as sad as it did the rest of us when the NS killed the steam
program while 1218 was in mid-rebuild down in Birmingham. I am sure you know
that for many years, #1218 ran as an excursion locomotive, probably 6 years
or more.
Thanks for the bit of information. I have the Link books, and am planning a
day at the VMT & Link Museum in the not-too-distant future.

Bob Welsh

Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 9:43 AM
Subject: Visit to the O. Winston Link Museum