N&W Diner

Sat Sep 4 13:23:35 EDT 2004

Larry,

As far as I know, N&W did not have a diner named Powhatan.  They did
purchase four streamlined diners from Pullman, two of which were named.
These were class D-1 and numbered 491-494.  493 was named General William
Mahone and 494 was named Frederick J. Kimball.  The names were removed from
these cars in 1957 and 1958 respectively.

Both of these cars eventually were in NS service, with different names.

The heavyweight diners did not carry names that I know of.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2004 10:09 AM
Subject: N&W Diner