Signals

Fri Aug 20 02:28:04 EDT 2004

Speaking of signals again,

     I am happy to see there are still plenty of CPLs still around, though they could be gone one day.  I thought my project came to an end before I hardly got started in May 2003, with the severing of the Cincinnati District.  I had only documented 13 out of 107 signals by that time.  It was very depressing.
     The East Sardinia Siding East-bound signal has been replaced with 2 new style signals.  I have found some old signal bases which I photograph and document as well.
     In almost 2 years of work, I have caught a train one time while out documenting.  That was the L51 about half way down Batavia hill going west 8-29-2003.  Even with the absence of trains, I have thoroughly enjoyed the Peavine.  Ben Blevins said to photograph everything, and Gary Rolih said to get out and learn the rail line.  Both I have done extensively.
     I have been to places I would not have gone otherwise, but now that I have been there, I would go back should the occasion arise that the Vine gets through traffic again.

PS The help and knowledge I have received, you could not put a price on it.  Thanks to all who have contributed to my project.

Jeff Wood
twlv18japie at earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.