J Builders plate on ebay

Wed Aug 18 18:43:09 EDT 2004

I wouldn't think the builder's number (390) would be the same as the engine
number (several people have that this build number corresponded to "J" 613).
Most builders (and I take it that would include Roanoke) numbered their
engines in sequential order of manufacture- so that would be the 390th
engine build by the Roanoke Shops?

John Simmons