CPL Signals

Tue Aug 17 06:42:50 EDT 2004

There are no plans to replace the CPL's on the Bristol Line.  Many look to be near the point of collapse though.  I believe NS is hopeful that the state will fund passenger service on the line, which will require many state funded upgrades, among which I'm sure will be a need to standardize the signal system on the line.  They need about a million or so to finish the signal job.

Ben Blevins
N368.8

August 16, 2004

Thanks for the great listing, Ben. Are there plans to
install more SafeTrans signal equiment in the
foreseeable future, or will these be CPL's be in
service for a while?

Also, has anyone compiled a list for the Shenandoah
Division?

Best wishes, all!

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com