Caboose

Fri Aug 13 09:20:01 EDT 2004

Hi Ben,

I won't waste a lot time explaining details of pursuing your caboose. But I
will
give a couple pointers for you to ponder.

1. Purchase of a caboose is not difficult. contact the Materials Office of NS
and
see if anything is remaining to be sold. Also the Internet is another
possibility.
2. Before you purchase the caboose I suggest that you detail your plan to
include
discussions with the county and town you live in. also you are going to need
deal with the VDOT in Richmond.
3. Discuss this all with Your County and Town Tax office.
4. You are going to need to detail the route and manner of delivery. Crane
services
is very expensive.
5. If you pursue the build idea, I commend you on a big project depending
upon
how detail you want to be.

These are just a few of the starting points, I'm very familiar with this
process,
I went through this back in 1995 with my caboose in Christiansburg. Its not
difficult but patience and follow-through with all regulations and codes are
the main points to remember.

Hope this helps in your decision. Good Caboose Hunting.

Cliff Orange,
Christiansburg, Va
rrcliff611 at aol.com