Pole line removal on the Bristol Line

Wed Jul 28 10:46:08 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/28/04 2:35:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:
The insulator collecting was unsuccessful, as folks were stealing them as
soon as the poles were cut down.  They seem to think they are of some value.
I've seen a lot of them on eBay, and they don't seem to sell very well,
except for some of the older and rarer ones. I've also seen stands, a kind of
trivet, where you set the insulators in them upside down for use as candle holders.
My former neighbor, who was a Va. Power lineman for many years before
retiring and moving to Arkansas, had a fairly large collection of insulators he had
picked up over the years.

Greg Harrod