RR ID needed

Fri Jul 16 22:22:59 EDT 2004

Jimmy,

The Toledo and Ohio Central had two lines extending southeast out of Toledo for about 200 miles, one line going through Columbus.  It was incorporated June 29, 1885, and included several predecessor railroads.  It was acquired by the Hocking Valley in December 1899, and subsequently leased by the NYC January 31, 1922.

Its main claim to fame, so far as I know, is that in July 1927 the NYC installed world's first CTC signal system on the T&OC between Berwick, OH  and Stanley Yard, some 40 miles of single track.

Gordon Hamilton

  Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 12:41 PM
  Subject: RR ID needed

  Can anyone tell what road was the T&OC? I have acquired a roster of engines for this line. If anyone what like to have it, please let me know.
  Jimmy Lisle