ID needed on old N&W passenger trains

Fri Jul 16 00:47:48 EDT 2004

2 A -train with no baggage car is Powhatan Arrow
   B -I can't find picture of train with Southern coaches. If they are
stainless steel cars, it is the Tennessean
   C - The train with an RPO car is the Pocahontas, but there were
several other trains that carried RPO's. This type of car was also
carried on the Cavalier. Train in picture, however, is the Pocahontas.
   D -can't find picture of train with much head end and two coaches.
There are several possibilities, but can't identify without seeing the
picture.
   E - the mixed train (with an M) is the Christiansburg-Blacksburg
train, and was called the Huckleberry (informal name)
   F - Yes, the consist of the Powhatan Arrow changed during this time
period. A rebuilt heavyweight combination car was substituted for the
first coach, and the observation car was withdrawn. (diner was
reconfigured as diner-lounge, with no external differences) Consist
changes in Pocahontas were more subtle.
3. The 0-8-0T's were class W6          Jim Nichols