New Member

Fri Jul 2 22:43:02 EDT 2004

Mr. Hamilton,
I appreciate your letter. I can remember my father
telling me about this derailment, especially the
rail-mounted cranes used to lift the locomotive and
cars back into place. However, it is rapidly becoming
a distant memory in my family. Our discussion of it
here makes me wonder if there is a published report
about the causes of the accident, or if there is an
account of the events of that day.

I would enjoy reading any recollections you have about
the details of your investigation and how you reached
your conclusions.

Thank you for contacting me,
Doug Smith