NKP box rebuild

Sat Jun 19 22:26:18 EDT 2004

Charlie,

I don't have the data for the freight car fleet after 1964.  It is all at
the archives and I have paged through some of it enough to say that after
the merger, N&W kept separate records of the various fleets.  That is,
there is a separate listing for NKP equipment, Wabash, etc.

The article in Classic Trains about the rebuilding of these cars is very
interesting.  Since the rebuilding took place in the mid-40's, it is
possible that some of these cars made it to the merger.  This is only a
guess on my part.

I might add, for those who model in HO scale, that Sunshine Models offers a
resin kit of the NKP rebuild boxcar, as well as kits for rebuilds of NYC,
C&O and L&N boxcars.

Hope this helps.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood, MD