[N&W] Re: Water Buffalo?

Mon May 31 15:32:05 EDT 2004

Sorry Ed, i don't buy it.  no two drivers were the same diameter.  even on
the same engine.  So maybe measure 10 kinks in a row (increasing accuracy of
the procedure) instead of one kink to the next.  take a Y5 front end and put
it on a y3.  do they have the same diameters front to back??  Hooters only
has the J with arrow on #3's counterweight.  I saw several on the pocohontas
Glory series.

I have a friend at EG&G who is trying to get me info on the loco films that
Edgerton did with high speed cameras.  Maybe we can get a copy of "N&W locos
bouncing" for the collection.

Mark Lindsey