[N&W] Re: Franklin Furnace - Gennett

Tue May 25 22:40:32 EDT 2004

I remember hearing about that wreck. The engineer who was killed had a son
who lived by my father's grocery store. (This was in the 60's).  If I
remember correctly the tamperer was an ex-employee.  There was a rumor he
got caught by bragging about it in a bar, in Ironton.  Anyway, I believe
the tamperer had a date with "Old Smokey" in Columbus, Ohio.

My thanks to Mr. Tom Dressler for filling me in on some of the details.

A.J. Gemperline